Meat Week 2022: Two Hats Ranch Chicken Fried Venison
Who’s ready to cook up some Venison? Not only can the team at Two Hats Ranch give you a great hunting experience, they also can help you cook up a great meal!
Two Hats Chicken Fried Venison
- 2 pounds venison, sliced thin
- 2 cups Red flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 quart canola oil
- Trim all silverskin from back strap. Slice on a bias 1/4" thick. Place slices between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound thin (approx 1/8")
- Place thin slices in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Let rest refrigerated for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain buttermilk and dredge in red flour. Place coated slices on a sheet pan and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet. Until bubbles form when a small piece of venison is dropped in.
- Dredge venison slices once again and place in oil. Fry golden brown turning occasionally to cook evenly.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel or drain grate to remove excess oil.
- Hold hot for service
Serving Ideas: Serve hot over white rice with pepper gravy.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 253 Calories; 5g Fat (19.0% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 1066mg Sodium; 3g Total Sugars; 1mcg Vitamin D; 85mg Calcium; 5mg Iron; 494mg Potassium; 307mg Phosphorus. Exchanges: .
- dredging flour
- 1 quart all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups cracker meal
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Accent Seasoning
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons sage, rubbed
- 1 teaspoon Lowry's Seasoning
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until evenly combined. Sift the sage and paprika to remove lumps.
Yield: 2 quarts