Last Updated July 25, 2018
Our Commitment to Privacy
Our Website is not intended to be used by children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 is eligible to use our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: (1) use or provide any information about yourself on our website, (2) on or through any of its features, register on our website, (3) make any purchases through the website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. Many of our products require you to be at least 18 or 21 years of age and if you enter into any online shopping transactions on our website, you agree that you are of legal age and have all necessary authority to enter into and bind yourself under any agreements made on the website.
In General. You may visit this website without identifying who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Information collected online is generally categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies a particular individual, such as name, address, or phone number. An example of anonymous information is while this website may record the number of visits to a particular page that occurs in a specific period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor. Many users of this website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this website is anonymous information.
Anonymous Information. Our websites captures certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit our website, traffic patterns and usage data such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the website or the website you visit when you live the website. Trijicon uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the website so it is more useful to you.
Personally Identifiable Information. The types of personally identifiable information ("PII") that may be collected on or through our website include your name, your status (such as whether you are a customer, dealer or media professional), mailing address, email address, title or occupation and telephone number. Additional PII that may be collected on or through the website includes but is not limited to:
- If you are purchasing a product or service, your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
- If are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a "Promotion"), your age or birth date.
- If you are applying for employment, your work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, academic level, employment history including salary, and any other information you include on the resume you upload to the website. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, and whether you are disabled or your Veteran status.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are sharing an article or page of the website with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
- If you are using a service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information. We may collect information about your location when you access or use the website. We may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you access or use the website from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of our website and to provide you with location-based services. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use.
Purposes of PII Collection. We request PII to provide a service, product or information about Trijicon's products or services or to complete a transaction. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from the website, entering a Promotion, participating in training, finding a dealer, applying for employment, purchasing a product or service, completing online surveys, contacting us with questions or comments, or for product registration.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Trijicon may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Consultants and Service Providers. Trijicon will disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, order fulfillment and shipping, Promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you or Trijicon.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Trijicon and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Trijicon is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Trijicon is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Trijicon collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Third-Party Marketing. Trijicon may share your PII with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. Trijicon may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Trijicon by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Trijicon, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device's user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track ("DNT") Signals. Trijicon does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
Accessing and Updating your PII
You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by writing us at:
PO Box 930059
Wixom, MI 48393-0059
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
You must describe the information in sufficient detail to allow us to locate that information in our records. We may not fulfill a request to change information if we believe the change would violate the law or a legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, some residual information may remain in back-ups, cached, archived or other historical databases. We are not responsible for verifying the authenticity of requests to remove, update or correct information. However, we reserve the right to refuse to modify information if we request proof of identity or authority and the appropriate proof of identity or authority is not provided to us. We do not have the ability to modify or remove third-party records.
You may request that your Personally Identifiable information in your account be removed at any time by utilizing the Data Removal Request form: www.trijicon.com/data-removal-request. Trijicon will remove your Personally Identifiable Information within 1 month of receipt of this request.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems, which are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Your Personally Identifiable Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Personally Identifiable Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected Trijicon, Inc. personnel and contractors have access to via password. We encrypt your Personally Identifiable Information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet beyond our control, that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this website cannot be guaranteed, and any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS". TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRIJICON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE. TRIJICON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES AS TO THE USEFULNESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER TRIJICON NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, PARTNERS, MANAGERS, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER AGENTS SHALL HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY USER OR ITS PRINCIPALS OR AGENTS FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED ORDERS, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, COMMON LAW, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, STATUTE, OR REGULATION. USER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT TRIJICON IS PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IN RELIANCE ON THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY, AND FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT SUCH LIMITATIONS ARE REASONABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRIJICON'S LIABILITY TO USER EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY USER FOR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.