Meat Week 2022: Two Hats Ranch Wild Game Tacos
JAN 25 2022
It’s Taco Tuesday! Fire up the smoker and get your tastebuds ready for a fiesta with wild game tacos. Check out this recipe from Two Hats Ranch!
Pulled Wild Game Tacos
- 8 pounds Wild Game, Deer, hog, bear, antilope, elk, or moose
- 2 each yellow peppers
- 2 each red bell pepper
- 2 each green pepper
- 2 each pablano peppers, roasted
- 2 cans chipolte peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 bottle Guinness beer, or any dark beer
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 each yellow onions, large
- Taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Heat Smoker to 225° Coat meat with a thin layer of mustard. Sprinkle taco seasoning on all sides and place in smoker uncovered. Smoke for 2 hours or until temp reaches 170°
- Remove meat from smoker and place into aluminum pan. Pour beer over the meat. Place chopped onions and peppers in and pour chipolte pepper and sauce over the top. Place garlic in and around meat.
- Raise smoker temp to 350°. Tightly cover the pan with parchment then foil and place back in the smoker for 3 hours.
- Check meat. It should be fall apart tender. If not return to smoker.
- Remove pan and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove foil and shred meat. Place in taco shells or over rice.