The Science of Brilliant®
INDUSTRY-LEADING RESEARCH, DESIGN & TESTING
We are engineers at heart, like our founder, Glyn Bindon. Therefore, we are bound by a commitment to seek innovative aiming solutions that constantly redefine “brilliant.” This legacy of innovation is fed by what we call The Science of Brilliant®, which is supported by three unwavering principles:
1. Our unique heritage of innovation
2. Industry-leading durability
3. A commitment to craftsmanship
A Heritage of Innovation
Trijicon® has led the industry in the development of superior, any-light aiming systems since the company’s founding in 1981. We have pioneered many new aiming solution technologies and innovations, and we will continue to do so.
- The world’s first fiber and tritium, dual-illuminated-reticle riflescope
- The first optical enhancement of the M16 family by the U.S. Military
- Pioneered tritium-illuminated iron sights for handguns
- The world’s first red dot sight tough enough to withstand mounting on a pistol slide
- The world’s first solar-power-supplemented sight which does not require a switch or rechargeable batteries for operation
- One of the world’s most advanced thermal night vision product lines for small arms
- The Bindon Aiming Concept®(BAC), discovered by Glyn Bindon, the founder of Trijicon
What we’ve learned from decades of deployment with America’s greatest fighting forces, we’ve put back into our technology for hunting and shooting enthusiasts. Many products—such as the ACOG®, VCOG® and RMR®—exceed military testing protocols, while every Trijicon® product follows the lessons we’ve learned from our battle-tested technologies.
TESTING PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
Alaska-to-Africa Temperature Tested
To ensure our optics are ready for whatever our users throw at them, we perform “Alaska-to-Africa” temperature shock tests on each design with temperatures from -20°F to 140°F.
Solid Zero Tested
Riflescope zero is measured on each design after at least 1,000; 3,000 and 5,000 consecutive rounds to ensure no reticle shift has occurred and precision is maintained.
We drop test every riflescope design to check for durability. Because we don’t believe every drop should be followed by a warranty claim.
Shock & Vibration Tested
Every model is tested to withstand recoil and vibrational stresses without performance degradation or malfunction, so it can take a beating before, during and after use.
To ensure our products are protected from harsh environmental conditions, we fill them with dry nitrogen and conduct an immersion test on each optic design to ensure no fogging or leaks.
A Commitment to Craftsmanship
Strict adherence to exact tolerances, ISO certifications and optical perfection have helped Trijicon® earn the reputation of creating precision products that deliver fine-tuned repeatability. Exceptional quality is not only created through the latest technologies, it is also achieved through highly trained, hands-on American workers who adhere to meticulous procedures and strict tolerances.
EXPECT THE FOLLOWING IN EVERY TRIJICON PRODUCT, WHERE APPLICABLE:
Bright, Crisp Illumination